On Sep 10, 2011, at 7:35 AM, Haroldo Mauro Jr. wrote:

> This is Finale 2011 for Mac. All hyphens have vanished from the lyrics on my
> score and soprano part.  They are still there, in the lyrics window, but not
> in the music, where spaces were substituted for them. They don't print
> either. What is that? It is amazing how many hours I have spent on Finale
> trying to figure out what is going on. Things just don't behave as expected.
> Trying to synchronize expression and repeat texts between score and parts is
> so time consuming that I just print parts without them and add them by pencil
> later. That's a lot faster. Has this happen with anyone before, I mean the
> vanishing hyphens? Thanks.

Hi Haroldo --

This sort of thing has happened to me before, though I don't remember if it was
all hyphens or just specific ones.  Usually when it happens to me it's an issue
with the "minimum space" setting for Smart Hyphens in the Lyrics preferences.
The default, I think, is 144 (I work in EVPUs), but if I set it to a very small
number, the missing hyphens reappear.

Hope this helps!

-- Mike