The first thing to try is Update Smart Word Extensions and Hyphens (in the
Utilities menu). This usually solves the problem. However, be aware that
Finale (or at least Fin08, which is what I use) has a bug that the hyphens
and word extensions only appear correctly on one linked part at a time. So
you have to re-run Update Smart Word Extensions and Hyphens each time you
print a part.