On 2/18/2012 11:12 AM, Christopher Smith wrote:
> The topmost expression's position is the one that gets passed on to linked
> parts by default.

Oh, right -- I was forgetting about all the other parts that aren't
showing tempo marks in the score.

> I know you might want to have the expression on the violin 1 staff be higher
> in the score AND in the parts, but you'll just have to change it in the parts
> after raising it in the score.

No, this is my bad for not following through. If you move the top
expression with the tilde key, it does move in both score and parts. The
reason it turns orange is that it's unlinking from all the /other/
staves. If I go into the the topmost part, the expression has moved and
is still green. In the other parts, the expression has not moved and is
orange.

So everything's working as designed.

Aaron.