On 2/29/2012 9:31 AM, wph...@mindspring.com wrote:

>     Dear Collective Wisdom,
>
>        Mac OS 10.6.8, Finale 2011.b
>
>        I need help creating ensemble cues on top of a slash drum set part. The
>     Help Section wants me to check items in [ Staff Styles - Define Staff
> Style
>     - Alternate Notation -  ]   that do not exist in the drop down window.
> Same
>     for Finale online support. I don't care if the part plays back properly, I
>     just need ensemble cues on top of a slash drum part. My neighbor's dog has
>     sensed my frustration and has brought me one of her toys so that I might
>     feel better. (What a great dog!) For her sake, if not mine, does anyone
> have
>     a solution?  :-)
>
>        I'm sure that this is an easy fix, and I apologize for boring the List
>     with it. But the non-agreement of Help with the application has me
> stymied.
>     Please feel free to respond off-list if this is too old-hat for the List.
>
>        Sincerely,
>
>     Bill Huber
>
>     Nashville, TN
>
>     wph...@mindspring.com

For the drum parts for my band (17 piece big band) I use the following
settings:
Layer 4 - slash notation (allow all other thingies in other layers).
Layer 1 - cues for punches/cues for other sections (bones have rhythm
"X", etc).
Layer 3 - bass drum kicks.
This is with the percussion line set to Drum Kit.
Layer 1 cues are either Hi Tom or Hi Hat/Crash cymbal.

That's enough to get the idea through to my drummer (and those who sub
for him), and is all they want.

Carl
--
http://projectselene.com