Hi Paul,

I can pretty much guarantee that the income you are losing by not offering
digitally downloadable scores and parts far exceeds any potential loss you
might incur due to digital piracy.

Paper copies of parts and scores can, of course, be scanned and then posted
online or emailed to anyone who wants it for free, so there is really no paper
vs. digital distinction worth considering.

What people want most is convenience, and if you make it more convenient to
purchase your music than it is to pirate it -- and this should be trivially
easy for even a minimally tech-savvy self-published composer -- then you will
come out ahead.

Cheers,

- DJA
-----