Hi Robert,

Glad it helped! Please let MM know, this is a nasty bug and it had me tearing
my hair out for days until I discovered that it was MIDI Thru related.

As for the playback, I've long gotten into the habit of clicking the "Stop"
button on the playback controls before hitting spacebar, which resets the
playback start point to the leftmost measure. There is probably a keyboard
shortcut to stop playback entirely (instead of just pausing it) but I never
learned it, and my "click the stop button" habit is now wholly ingrained.

Cheers,

- DJA
-----
WEB: http://www.secretsocietymusic.org