You could change the Time Signature in the previous measure to 8/8 or 16/16
(displaying as 4/4) to allow a finer selection of beats with the staff tool.

Christopher Y

-----Original Message-----
From: finale-boun...@shsu.edu [mailto:finale-boun...@shsu.edu] On Behalf Of
Paul Hayden
Sent: Friday, June 08, 2012 10:11 AM
To: finale@shsu.edu
Subject: Re: [Finale] Cue staff question

On Thu Jun 7, John Blane wrote:

"Clear the staff style that hides the staff on beat 2 of the preceding measure
(under the clef)."

Doh! Forgot about hiding partial measures! Thanks, John.

Now for a minor followup question. Here is what I got hiding the first half of
that measure:
<https://dl.dropbox.com/u/64656173/cue%20question%203.pdf>.

Is there a way to hide just a bit more of the staff lines before the bass clef?
I've tried placing a blank graphic over the staff lines, but doesn't seem to
work when I print the page (the graphic is ignored and the staff lines show).
There's probably some sort of kludge that will work...

Paul Hayden

On Jun 7, 2012, at 9:18 PM, Paul Hayden wrote:

 This is a scan of an example on page 577 of Elaine Gould's "Behind Bars":

> <https://dl.dropbox.com/u/64656173/cue%20question%201.pdf
>.

 This five-line staff (a cue staff) starts in the middle of the page. Note how
the staff lines under the arrow extend a bit before the barline to encompass
the clef.

 This is the best I've been able to do (FinMac09):
> <https://dl.dropbox.com/u/64656173/cue%20question%202.pdf
>.

 How can I get those staff lines to extend a bit before the barline to include
the staff?

 Thanks for any suggestions.

 Paul Hayden

Magnolia Music Press