Anybody else having any trouble updating FinMac 2012 to 2012b? I downloaded the
updater and ran it , seemingly without problems, but instead of updating the
Finale 2012.app, it created a separate Finale 2012.app in my Applications
   folder, but outside the Finale 2012 folder which contains only the original
app and the Finale 2012 Preferences file.

Once it did that, all my Finale files on my disk now have generic file icons.
If I try to open a Finale file by double-clicking it, or if I try to open 2012b
by double-clicking the application icon, I get the message "Unhandled exception
caught" on a generic-looking document icon with a pencil, a ruler and a
brush(?) on it. If I OK out of that dialog, I get the "Finale quit
unexpectedly" dialog.

8-core Mac Pro, recently installed Lion 10.7.4.

I even reinstalled the original 2012 app and redownloaded the updater, but same
result. Also tried rebooting the computer.

Any enlightenment welcome.

Thanks,
Doug