Once your default page settings are entered, then in the Page Layout Tool
select Redefine Pages>Selected Pages of Selected Parts/Score and choose All
Parts from the dropdown menu. Leave everything else as is and hit Okay. This
will make ALL parts pages conform to the default settings.

Now do this edit to your default document and you will never have to touch it
again. You don't mention your platform or version, and this procedure is
different in different versions and platforms, so you'll have to do some
research.

Christopher