hey andrew.  i don't think i have ever had the thing reappear after
quitting finale!  that definitely sux.

not a real solution, but have you tried my technique of running
fingers / hands up and down the keyboard several times? others
reported this works.  once you know which one it is you can usually
press it several times in a row to unstick it.

next time you notice it, try to remember if there was some command,
some editing sequence or something you did right before it.  maybe we
can locate the damn thing...

you haven't noticed any consistency in the key(s) that get stuck then?