In my investigation into this issue and asking other engravers it seems
that everyone has different keys that stick more than others. For me the
number "1" is my main sticking metatool key which is a pain since I really
have to pay attention to not assign a dynamic where one shouldn't be. I
also have the c and i keys that stick pretty often but not as much as 1. I
have many different machines that I work on and I work with many different
templates created from different composers/arrangers/publishers and the
same keys get stuck no matter where the file comes from so it does not
seem to be template or file specific. It appears to somehow be user
driven. Why I would see the same stuck keys on different machines is just
bizarre to me when I know other people that have the t key as their main
stuck key which rarely, if ever sticks on any of my machines.

I've explored changing all of my metatools to different ones in my files
to see if the sticking bug would move to a different "main" key but no
change. The number 1 was still my main key.

A while ago I looked into your question of certain menu items being
highlighted before the sticking occurs and I was able to rule that out.
For example, while being in the expression tool I placed forte marks using
meta-tool 5. As I am holding down the 5 key I click on all the staves that
need the forte marking. After 4 times of clicking fortes into the score,
the next time I click, my "main" stuck key's item, what I have assigned to
meta-tool 1, shows up even thought my finger has not released the 5. This
is just an example, it can happen after one click it can happen after 8
clicks. There really is no pattern.

The stuck key issue occurs about every 15 minutes at a minimum and every
30 seconds max. for me. Unfortunately I'm used to this workflow since I
have no choice but to work with it. It's a terrible way to work because I
cannot completely concentrate on what I'm doing because I'm always worried
about what I just accidentally clicked into the score.

Steve