Perhaps this is just a silly question, but it
just occurred to me as I follow the comments in
this thread.

Is anyone who advocates a concert pitch score and
does not use key signatures also advocating
providing concert pitch PARTS for all
instruments?  As if, for example, you were
writing for trumpet "in C," clarinet "in C," horn
"in C," saxophones "in C," etc.?

I can't imagine doing it, but am I just too far behind the times?

John

--
John R. Howell, Assoc. Prof. of Music
Virginia Tech Department of Music

"Machen Sie es, wie Sie wollen, machen Sie es nur schön."
(Do it as you like, just make it beautiful!)  --Johannes Brahms