There apparently is no work-around at the root level for Finale storing the
music in databases of measures.

But there are these amazing guys making plugins, where Jari is the one I am
most aware of. Could one of them they make a cosmetic overlay at staff level,
where the time signatures not congruent with the basic measure structure would
be what was ending up in the print file? Hopefully with options for good
spacing and alignment across the various time signatures.

Klaus