Linda,

One app I use that's very handy for finding and inserting various characters
system-wide is PopChar.  It does cost $ but I find it indispensable.  It lives
in the menubar to the left of the Apple menu when installed.

And, according to PopChar, ff fortissimo is opt-f and fff is shift-option-f in
Maestro.

But you probably already knew that, yes?

J D Thomas
ThomaStudios

On Apr 8, 2013, at 1:33 PM, Linda Worsley wrote:

> Thanks to all for pointing me at some sources.  I'm aware of the baseline
> problems and just deal with them as they come up, by a variety of editing
> tricks.  But I'm having trouble finding a keystroke for fortissimo (ff).
> If I use the one in the chart I get "fff" so I don't quite know what to do
> about that.  I've been using maestro, but maybe I'll see if engraver has
> its head on straight.
>
> Thanks again!
>
> Linda

J D Thomas