When I start Finale I get:

Finale's Audio Engine failed to load. Please restart Finale.  Error code 7

Audio Output source was "Primary Sound Driver".

I changed it to "Realtek HD Audio output and restarted Finale.

Same error message.

When I try to playback anything the cursor appears at the start of the line
then stops.

Cheers,

Lawrence

Lawrenceyates.co.uk