Yes, this is exactly what happens to me.  I find myself sight-reading
live performances a more often than I would like.  I guess I am good
enough at it that people are willing to call me in an emergency.  Every
time I trip up on one of these redundant accidentals non-parenthesized,
I cuss the mother of whoever did that notation.

Either put the parentheses in there or leave out the cautionaries
altogether.  That's why we have key signatures.

The only exception I would make is for music targeted at students in the
8th-20th week of playing an instrument.  Before that time, they don't
see accidentals.  After that time, they should be reading accidentals
properly.