I'm Yvonne Grover, Notation Product Manager at MakeMusic. I'd like to reassure
Windows Finale 2014 users that the Finale 2014a updater works correctly. We
have had just a few customers like Jan with system-specific issues that
required uninstalling and reinstalling.

When the update notification appears you'll also see the release notes, telling
you about the bug fixes and new features. If you decide to install the update
you can download immediately without needing to sign into your Finale account
online. I hope this new system makes updating Finale a lot quicker and easier
for everyone.

Yvonne