On 1/10/2014 6:18 PM, Grover, Yvonne wrote:
> I'm Yvonne Grover, Notation Product Manager at MakeMusic. I'd like to
> reassure Windows Finale 2014 users that the Finale 2014a updater
> works correctly. We have had just a few customers like Jan with
> system-specific issues that required uninstalling and reinstalling.
>
> When the update notification appears you'll also see the release
> notes, telling you about the bug fixes and new features. If you
> decide to install the update you can download immediately without
> needing to sign into your Finale account online. I hope this new
> system makes updating Finale a lot quicker and easier for everyone.

Thank you for this reassurance.

I just went the normal route to download the Finale2014a Updater and
your web-site did indeed ask me to log into my account --- after
selecting the product, the version, the type of download and clicking
"Search" my computer showed the screen asking me to log in.  It just sat
there and didn't change until I logged in.  So why exactly are you
saying "without needing to sign into your Finale account online?"

And why did "invalid file handle 32" show up as an error message several
times?

The update appears to have installed properly so I don't know why that
"invalid file handle 32" would have appeared.

--
David H. Bailey
dhbai...@davidbaileymusicstudio.com