Hi Jef,

> ah, do you have the instrument checked to appear in the SC and parts?
> (e.g. vln I)?  my staff set forces the expression to show on the top
> staff of the SC and top staff of PT, plus on select staves ONLY in
> the SC.

That is exactly how I have it set.

> editing the positioning in the SC should not affect its positioning
> in the PTs... i am not sure we are actually talking about the same
> thing (?).

It shouldn't. But it does.

As you know, when you adjust a tempo indication attached to the top staff, it
affects ALL instances of that tempo indication, even if they are not linked.

Let's say I need to move a tempo indication attached to a flute staff due to
ledger lines, but I don't want it moved in any other staves.

First, I unlink the tempo indication.

Then I drag it up (let's say) 12 pt. so it no longer collides with the high
flute part.

The tempo indication moves 12 pt. up on ALL staves.

Then I scroll down and select the tempo indication on the Vln. I staff (the
only other place in the score this tempo indication is visible) and hit "clear."

This restores it to the default position on the Vln. I staff ONLY.

On ALL other parts (Oboe, Clarinet, Bassoon, Horn, etc etc etc) the tempo
indication appears 12 pt. above the default position.

===

The only workaround I've found is to not move the tempo indication in the
score. Instead, after unlinking the tempo indication expression, I go to the
Flute part, and, holding down the command (override) key, drag the tempo
indication 12 pt. up.

This moves it in the flute part AND on the flute staff in the score, but leaves
all other parts untouched.

What I am looking for is a way to do that without having to switch views to the
Flute part.

Cheers,

- DJA
-----