That's a tie. For a slur, attach it as a Smart Shape as usual, then drag the
right end backwards. In fact, I have sometimes used slurs when I couldn't get
the backwards tie to work, because they look pretty much alike, depending on
your settings.

Apparently, the second-ending tie end is made with opt = on my Mac (would that
be alt = on Windows?) But it only works if there are notes in the FIRST ending,
last measure, which is not always the case. It also only works when there IS a
second ending, so you can't get it to work on say, the first measure of a coda.

A kludge I have used before is to put in a normal forward tie, then use the
Special Tool to drag the right end backwards, just like I did with a slur. This
can get complicated if the note is also tied for the next several notes, as I
have to keep repeating the procedure until I get to the last tied note.

Christopher