Hello,

I'm working with a score in concert pitch, where the contrabasses are notated
with the 8vb bass clef in the score, but a regular bass clef (as usual) in the
part. This is all fine and well and easy to set up in the Score Manger (with a
transposition and Set To Clef).

The problem arises when you need to change clefs to an 8vb treble clef in the
score, showing as a regular treble clef in the part, and this clef change
occurs mid-measure. In Finale 2011 in older, you could simply apply a staff
style with the same transposition but Set To Clef assigned to treble clef — but
Fin2012 and 2014 won't allow you to apply a transposing staff style to a
partial measure.

Given that, what is the best workaround? There is one I can think of involving
clefs as expressions but I'd prefer to avoid going down that rabbit hole if I
can avoid it.

Cheers,

- DJA
-----