On 6/7/2014 4:56 AM, Giovanni Andreani wrote:
> Thank you all for replying.
>
> I'll try to describe my goal as synthetically as possible:
>
> 1. I enter notes in layer 2
> 2. When switching to layer 1 notes in layer 2 notes must be hidden (non
> visible), but...
> 3. When entering notes via speedy entry in layer 1 I need to see the faint
> grayed out notes from layer 2, appearing just in the measure the notes are
> entered.

You can't have it both ways at the same time.

If you want to see the notes from layer 2 while you are entering notes
in layer 1, you can't have either the "Show Active Layer" or the "Hide
Notes When Layer Inactive" options selected.  They will not allow the
program to show any notes except what you are entering in the active
layer (layer 1 in your example).

But when you're doing page layout work you want to have the notes in
layer 2 not visible, so that's when you choose "Show Active Layer Only."

You have to change that setting depending on what work you are doing at
the time.

--
David H. Bailey
dhbai...@davidbaileymusicstudio.com