>  >>== Staff style to show the part name
>  > make sure in the staff style "show in parts is checked and you hve
>>  defined the abbreviated names
>
>It is. Nothing appears. And nothing in the undo list except 'modify staff
>style metatool' ... I have no idea.

i have found in some circumstances applying a staff style 1-2 mm
earlier than needed solves some probs

>  >>== Expression (it then appears in all parts and doesn't seem to
>have a staff
>>>assignment list; I have to hide it one by one each time in every part).
>>
>>  might be quicker to do this in the SC: hide, unlink and show.  then
>>  it is hidden in ALL PTs though, careful if some need it
>
>I can try this if I can find them.

context menu, on mac
cmd-sh-opt-h = toggle hide/show
cmd-sh-opt-u = unlink from SC
cmd-sh-opt-L = relink to SC

>Can't get the hang of these backwards methods!

you can do the same in the SC and PTs (hide), by doing it "backwards"
as you say, you save yourself fantastillions of clicks and key
presses in some circumstances.  worth spending the time to wrap your
head around it.

--

shirling & neueweise
new music notation  +  translation  +  arts management