I have never had problems regarding EVPUs which I have used since
version 2.1. I seem to recall that the defaults changed, so you have to
change preferences.

The main global selection is not in Preferences per se: it is in the
Finale 2012 menu. Right below Preferences is Measurement Units where you
select EVPUs.

And don't forget to Save Preferences (bottom of the File menu) after
you've done this.

JR

On 11/11/14 1:04 AM, Giovanni Andreani wrote:
> My apologies to Martin Banner and the members this list: I do not have Finale
> 2012 installed any more; my answer was referred to Finale 2014 for which I
> don't have the problems mentioned by Martin on 2012. I was misled by a usual
> hurry which sometimes I'm invaded by.
>
> Giovanni
>

> --------
>
> Giovanni Andreani
>
> www.giovanniandreani.com
>
>> I've got measurements units set to EVPUs on a Mac and don't have your
>> problem, although I have others!
>>
>> Giovanni
>>

>> --------
>>
>> Giovanni Andreani
>>
>> www.giovanniandreani.com
>>
>>> At least under Finale 2014 Windows that does not occur
>>> if you set the default measurement units to "EVPUs".
>>> I wonder why this behaviour should be platform dependent.
>>>
>>> Jan

>>> trained from the very beginning to do all of my measurements in EVPUs.
>>> For the last several years I have been using Finale 2008 and able to
>>> complete all of my projects in EVPUs.

>>> iMac (OS 10.9.5) and am forced into using Finale 2012 (2008 is no longer
>>> compatible with Mavericks). When I try to use EVPUs in the Staff Tool to
>>> respace staves and also change "position staff name", Finale only shows
>>> inches, NOT EVPUs. In Page Layout Tool, when I go to "edit system
>>> margins", the boxes show only inches, NOT EVPUs.

>>> were able to re-create my situation. I was told this is indeed a
>>> problem, and is as well in Finale 2014.  He was going to report it, but
>>> had no idea when (or if) there might be a fix for this.

>>> years of using Finale.

>>> --
>>> Jan Angermüller
>>> Jevenstedter Str. 80