To my knowledge, the only time Finale will lock the systems is either by the
keyboard command, CMD-L, or if you physically move a measure to another system
using the old Mass Mover tool, now the Selection tool.  Otherwise they stay
unlocked.  I know this because there have been many times where I’ve forgotten
to lock the systems and Finale moves measures in a way I was not expecting.

J D Thomas
ThomaStudios