On 1/4/2015 11:35 AM, pa...@mooremusic.org.uk wrote:
[snip]

> 1. How can I increase the number of most recently closed items listed at the
> bottom of the File menu (default seems to be 4)?

Edit menu, Preferences, then click on Open in the left-hand panel.  On
the right once you do that is an option to set the number of Recent
Files listed in the File menu.

> 2. How can I change the default font for e.g. the number above a multi-measure
> rest? I found a specific item for the default music font, but not the
> extensive
> list(s) I expected for all sorts of other elements.

To change the default font for anything other than the music font you
need to edit the default template, or you need to simply change the font
for each document you create.  Or you can set the fonts as you wish,
then save the Library of all those changes to various items under
Document Options and then load that Library into each new document you
create.

To change the font for multi-measure rests, you need to go to the
Document menu and then click on Document Options and then Fonts in the
left-hand column.  Once you do that, on the right side are four main
categories of fonts: Lyrics, Text, Notation, Chord.  For each of those
categories there is a dropdown menu listing different aspects of those
types of text, and if you click the down-triangle to open up the
drop-down menu for Notation you will see an entry for Multi-Measure Rests.

> 3. I haven't found a way to respace a number of bars if e.g. I want to
> enlarge a
> multi-measure rest and then space the remaining bars in the line equally. I'm
> puzzled that it doesn't seem to be a possibility related to the menu that
> appears when I right click on one of the "measure spacing handles". I'm sure I
> must be missing something.

I think you may need to drag the barlines for each measure on those
lines -- I don't know of a way to make all the measures on a system be
equally spaced.  I hope someone else may have found a way to do what you
want.  Finale will always change the bar lengths according to what is in
each bar -- you wouldn't want a bar with only a single whole note to
take up as much space as a bar with 16 16th notes would you?  Of course,
if that's is the result you want, you can achieve that using a hidden
layer full of whatever note value you want to determine the bar's width,
making it visible when you do your spacing and then hiding it for
printing after you've locked the layout.

--
David H. Bailey
dhbai...@davidbaileymusicstudio.com