Hi Everyone--Happy New Year,

Got to the end of a bigger project and like a few others on this list,
decided to break out 2014 (10.9.5 on a MacBook Air).  I thought converting
a string quintet arrangement to string orchestra would be a good job to
figure out newer aspects of the program but not get "in too deep" while I'm
checking things out.

A lot of things went as expected or better, but I thought I'd bring up a
problem I experienced.  I often enter hairpins in one line for a section of
music and copy them from that line into other parts. Last night when I was
doing this, Finale randomly lowered the music that was receiving the
hairpins an octave--in other words, most lines were OK, but some
inexplicably wound up transposed down an octave.  Only thing checked in the
Edit Filter window was Smart Shapes (Assigned to Beats), which was as close
as I could get to the Smart Shapes (Assigned to Measures) that I used tor
this purpose in 2011.

Haven't noticed this being brought up here--has anyone else experienced
this?

Thanks,

Don Hart