Most likely you have a multi measure rest that was previously created and
hasn't been updated now that there is material in those measures. Select All
with the Selection Tool, go to the Edit Menu>Mulitmeasure Rests>Break or Create
(both will cause the missing measures to appear).

If you don't have Update Layout Automatically clicked in your Program Options,
then you will have to Update Layout manually (cmd-U on Mac, probably ctl-U in
Windows) after doing this. A recent bug is that this option becomes randomly
unchecked with no input from the user.

Christopher