Steve: If you can figure out how to get Finale to do it, I may be able to
automated it. What will happen with the leger lines (if it works) is that
it will alter the leger line lengths "under the covers" run Finale's note
spacing option, then revert the leger line lengths. My plugin uses Finale
to do the note spacing: I could never reinvent that wheel.