I also have this problem with lyrics cue notes where the lyrics
sometimes appears too small to read.

The best solution I found was using two layers for this:
1.) one layer with the reduced cue notes (for example Layer 3)
2.) second layer with "Blank notation" staff style applied with the cue
notes if full size and the lyrics applied to this layer (Layer 4)
In combination it will show reduced cue notes from Layer 3 and full size
lyrics from Layer 4.

Another idea might be using "Fixed Size" fonts. But I never solved some
layout issues they involve.

Jan