I can't answer the question about log drums, but as far as tubas are
concerned, you have to think of the key of the instrument. Tubas come in BB
flat, CC, E flat and F [those are the most common keys.] The trill you
mention is a lip trill on the BB flat instrument, and on the others it
should be a fingered trill. On E flat it might be awkward as it has to be
played with F sharp in 2nd valve and G sharp using 3rd valve. Good luck!

On Wed, Nov 18, 2015 at 10:48 AM, Aaron Rabushka <arabus...@austin.rr.com>
wrote:

> Two off-topic questions:
>
> 1) Are there any experts in tuba trills here? I need to know if a trill
> from
> f# (4th line of the bass clef) to the g# above is workable.
>
> 2) Where can I find information about log drums (sizes, ranges)? I've been
> looking for a solid wooden sound to carry through the middle register of a
> lout orchestra, and now I need more specific information.
>
> Aaron J. Rabushka

Philip Brink
Instructor of Trombone
College of Music, Mahidol University