On 2/12/2016 2:23 PM, Dennis Bathory-Kitsz wrote:
> On Fri, February 12, 2016 1:56 pm, David H. Bailey wrote:
>> I've never liked any program's "export to PDF" functions -- I've always
>> found the "print to PDF" using a 3rd-party PDF printer app installed as
>> a printer driver to work the best.  No odd characters (I recall some of
>> those from Finale files when I've tried "export to PDF") and the file
>> size, in my experience, is smaller when I do a "print to PDF" than when
>> I do an "export to PDF."
>>
>> Since both functions take about the same amount of time I see no reason
>> to bother with "export to PDF."
>
> It does require changing printer, and there are no advanced settings with the
> built-in Microsoft PDF printer. Its screen display of curves isn't as good.
>
> The PDF virtual printer I'd been happily using for years (docPrint Pro) no
> longer shows up as a printer on Windows 10.

There are others -- I use Gaaiho, which installed as part of Nuance's
PDF Pro, which is a terrific and affordable PDF editing program.  I
don't know if Gaaiho is available as a stand-alone product.

But there are others - CutePDF is one, PDF995 (the ads show up onscreen
but not on the printout -- pay the $9.95 and the ads disappear for
good).  I'm sure there are other free ones.

I didn't even know Microsoft had finally included a PDF printer.  :-)

--
David H. Bailey
dhbai...@davidbaileymusicstudio.com