On Fri, February 12, 2016 1:38 pm, Lee Actor wrote:
> I reported this bug almost 3 years ago in Finale 2012, verified by Makemusic
> tech support; apparently still not fixed.  It's a bug in the 3rd party pdf
> exporter used by Makemusic, so they can't fix it directly.  The stray
> characters tend to show up on pages with lots of triplets, but as I recall
> there are other problems as well.  In addition, the Finale built-in pdf
> export is slow and produces humungous file sizes, up to 10x other
> print-to-pdf solutions; even if it wasn't buggy, I would stay far away from
> it.  I've tried many print-to-pdf apps (and even paid for some), and my
> current favorite by far is Bullzip, which is fast, full-featured, produces
> very small file sizes, and is solid as a rock.  Plus it's free for
> individual use: http://bullzip.com/products/pdf/info.php (sorry Mac people,
> Windows only).  I wish the name was different, but I've been using it for
> several years now and wouldn't think of using anything else.

It's perfect, thanks. I've suffered many a defective soft printer (including
CutePDF and PDF995, neither of which handled all the files properly). docPrint
Pro worked great, but its printer driver isn't Windows 10 compatible.

After a few tries -- including files with embedded graphics -- Bullzip does
the job. The results are clean and economical.

Thanks to you and the other person who recommended it.

Dennis