JD:
Check out my reply to Ray.  There is a fix.  If you are running
on a Mac -- this from MakeMusic Tech support -- it works,
but you are likely to have to keep doing it -- if you are running
on a Windows platform you will need to check in with MakeMusic
Tech support:

Hi Jonathan,

Thank you for that information. As a first troubleshooting step, please
follow the steps below to return Finale's hidden preferences to their
default settings. This will either solve the issue or get us one step
closer to the solution:

1. Quit Finale 2014.5.
2. In Finder, navigate to Go menu > Go to Folder
3. Type or copy & paste the following location:

~/library/preferences

4. In the Preferences folder, find a file named Finale 2014.5 Preferences.
Drag it into the trash.
5. Empty your trash.
6. Restart your computer.
7. Relaunch Finale 2014.5 by opening your Applications folder and
double-clicking the Finale 2014.5 icon.

Does the issue still occur? Also, if it still occurs in a specific file,
please send me that file for testing on my end.

Thank you,

Zack B.
MakeMusic Customer Success