Once of the great improvements in 2014 and higher is beat-attachment of
smarts shapes (rather than measure attachment). Not only can you get more
precise endpoints, you can unlink the endpoints in parts and edit them
separately.

Another great improvement (with 2014) is that most of the special tools are
unlinkable in parts. I think the choice of 14.5 over 12 is a no-brainer.