An interesting point, which shows more than anything else how imprecise music
notation is in conveying a composer's intentions.

Accents could be interpreted with too strong an emphasis on the 1, 3 and 5,
phrase marks could lead to a greater than wanted disconnect between 2-3, 4-5,
6-1. Using 2/4 could overcome these difficulties, maybe.

Or we accept that any language opens itself to a very broad band of
understanding and interpretation.