Hi all,

I have a ticket in with Finale support (Mac) about strange and annoying
behavior of the cautionary accidental plugin, and I am wondering if any others
have observed the same problem.  Finale support confirms that it is there and
claims to be addressing the issue, but it may be a problem with my documents,
so I am asking for confirmation (or not).  (Finale support says they see the
problem as limited to transposing instruments, but I find it in trombone, piano
and bass parts too.)

When the plugin is set to add cautionary accidentals within two measures and
not to add parentheses, applying the plugin causes hundreds of gratuitous
repetitions of accidentals within measures and adds parentheses randomly to
existing accidentals already in the score.  You can imagine the havoc this
causes and the amount of time necessary to correct the score.

Am I the only one seeing this?

Thanks,

Chuck

Chuck Israels