I was curious as to what those of you who use hourly billing are currently
charging in your various regions. I switched from a per page rate to hourly a
few years ago, with progressively increasing rates starting with straight
engraving of existing parts and scores, to arranging, to audio transcription,
to actual composition. If anyone would care to share any of their thoughts
about this either publicly on the list or with me privately off list, I would
welcome any and all comments. I'm trying to be careful about setting my rates
in a healthy range that is neither lower than the industry standard yet not at
the highest level, either, and thank everyone in advance for their ideas.

Michael Wittenburg