I mostly agree with what Chuck wrote. There have been many times I have cussed
the #&%$(# who thought it was clever to use a font where you can barely tell
the difference between a quarter rest, eighth rest and fall articulation.
Some of the "handwritten" fonts aren't too terrible for the musician but my
advice is, if it looks really cool then drag it to the trash bucket -- unless
you want people to hate reading your charts.

------ Original message------From: Chuck IsraelsDate: Fri, Mar 10, 2017 8:05
PMTo: finale@shsu.edu;Subject:Re: [Finale] Third party big band fonts
Just an opinion. I am not a fan of computer imitation of handwritten music. It
fools no one and loses the reliable regularity and clarity of a good engraved
score. Jazz font is clunky looking and I am among a group of committed jazz
musicians who don't use it. Chuck Sent from my iPhone> On Mar 10, 2017, at 4:44
PM, Eric Dannewitz  wrote:> > Have an example perhaps? The stuff I’ve seen
seems to be JazzFont to me> > >> On Mar 10, 2017, at 4:37 PM, Martin Nickless
wrote:>> >> >> Hi there could somebody suggest or recommend >> A third party
big band font  >> That would look hip for example if anybody has the Maria
Schneider book of scores they look great>> I believe they were produced in
Finale >> Not keen on Broadway copyist >> >> Thanks for any help>> Martin>> >>
send a message to:>> finale-unsubscr...@shsu.edu> > >