Rolled cymbal on timpani can work, especially if the timp is glissed.

What about bending notes on marimba or xylophone? The sounds can only be short
but can be quite ghostly.

Brushed or shaken finger cymbal tree?

And of course don't forget  that delightful kid's toy - the twirling pipes and
also the thunder drum,  & sandpaper blocks rubbed together.

Ryszard
________