I don't agree it is "very complicated". You can achieve the result you want
(mid-measure keys/timesigs) using a few extra steps. The result is robust
and works exactly as you would wish it to, including playback.

Finale does permit e.g. 3/8 in RH and 9/16 in LH, where the barlines line
up. (I don't understand what you mean by 9/19 meter.) It will even playback
correctly. Check out Independent Time Signature in the staff dialog box.
Where Finale truly presents "very complicated" challenges is if you want
different meters with different barlines in different staves. (Think
Charles Ives for example.) Then there really is a great deal of tedium to
accomplish it.