I don't think I understand Steve Parker's comment about "MT scores". I
don't doubt that Finale requires stitching together thirty files, but I
don't understand the requirement well enough to understand why.

My question about different layouts is, are they anything like linked
parts? Because an improved interface for copying part layouts is definitely
something that I've wanted and could actually be done by a plugin.