Title: Re: Installing Nautilus
Dear Dave,

    Thanks for all of your help so far. I hope to be able to have Nautilus running soon so that I can give you more feed backs on how it works.

    One of your replies to my problem kind of raised some questions in my mind. If you don't mind, could you educate me (and other newbies to the world of Unix) in regard to the following question (at your spare time, of course)?

On 04/19/02 1:43 PM, "Dave Vasilevsky" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> On Friday, April 19, 2002, at 02:22  PM, Chia Hung wrote:
>> When I launched into X Window via Xdarwin, I got the same old view. No
>> Nautilus was launched. I then added Nautilus as one of the program to be
>> launched during startup in the GNOME Session setting (the only one
>> that I
>> have so far). Well, nothing happened.
>
> I have no idea how to get Nautilus to start up automatically when using
> the GNOME session manager, I prefer to dispatch with the GNOME panel et
> al, and use OroborOSX instead. It's likely that what you tried is
> correct though.

I am getting the impression that you prefer using OroborOSX (which has a brand new version released not too long ago) over GNOME/Sawfish (or other wm). Am I correct? My understanding is that GNOME 2 will include Nautilus as part of its package. Is there reason why you still think that GNOME is not as good as OroborOSX? Do you suggest this only because OroborOSX might work better in Macintosh machines than GNOME?

    Just a few random thoughts running through my head. No hurry for the answers.

    Best regards,

    Chia