You probably are trying to start them from Apple's Terminal.

Try typing this

setenv DISPLAY :0.0

and see if it works.

You might want to add that line to your .cshrc so you don't have to do it all the time.

What does everyone else say?

Paul

On Tuesday, Dec 10, 2002, at 19:35 America/Santiago, Manos Krokos wrote:

Please help!
I installed Fink OK without any trouble as well as some other stuff and libraries BUT I also installed a couple of games :-)

They seemed to install OK but they don't launch! when I try to launch them I get the "Error: Can't open display" message...

I am talkin about xlincity and xfrisk ...

I am using a G4/400 with Jaguar installed (10.2.2) and the LATEST version of Fink... all is updated!

Any hints??

--
[EMAIL PROTECTED]