On Dec 16, 2003, at 10:16 AM, Alexander K.Hansen wrote:

Both the use of a .xinitrc file and setting the DISPLAY environment variable are already in Running X11.
--
Alexander Hansen
Levitated Dipole Experiment

On Dec 16, 2003, at 10:59 AM, Scot Johnson wrote:

This is extremely helpful advice! Perhaps this advice (and some of the preceding philosophical discussion, which I snipped) can somehow be incorporated into the X11 documentation on the fink website? Thanks again to our regular contributors (i.e. Martin Costabel, Alexander Hansen, and Ranger) who protect us from ourselves :)
__
Scot

I went back and reread the Running X11 section of the website. You're correct. I knew of the .xinitrc file info but I had missed the "Launching X11 apps from Terminal.app" section of the website. Those are great tips. Thanks again.
__
Scot