Hey All.. Appreciate the suggestions but NOTHING has worked. Again to rehash, on my emac, I can open X11 and type pan, xmms, whatever and it starts.
I have been over the faq's, the reply emails, simply NOTHING has fixed my problem..

That is again, if I open X11, it opens a term, just like the emac, but when I type the command, it says command NOT FOUND.

If I do cd /sw/bin then ./APPWHATEVER it works..

Here is a term window.

Alan-Ns-Computer:~ alann$ xmms
bash: xmms: command not found
Alan-Ns-Computer:~ alann$ ./xmms
bash: ./xmms: No such file or directory
Alan-Ns-Computer:~ alann$ cd /sw/bin
Alan-Ns-Computer:/sw/bin alann$ ./xmms   WORKS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

CLOSING XMMS...
Alan-Ns-Computer:/sw/bin alann$

I'm going CRAZY.. What am I MISSING AND OVERLOOKING??

Thnx.
Alan