I had previously been using fink on my old OSX 10.4 installation.  I migrated
my system to an intel 10.6.8 system.  Obviously, my old ppc fink no longer
works.  I am trying to install the intel fink for 10.6, which is only available
as source.  I had no problem downloading and unpacking it.  However, when I
tried to use the "bootstrap" command, I get the following (after allowing sudo,
and answering the questions):

This version of fink supports bootstrapping under Mac OS X 10.6, as well as
upgrading from 10.5. However, DIRECT UPGRADING FROM 10.4 OR EARLIER IS NOT
SUPPORTED.

Architecture: i386
Checking cc... not found.
ERROR: There is no C compiler on your system. Make sure that the Developer
Tools are installed.

The only thing that I have been able to find in the FAQs about uninstalling
Fink is to delete the /sw directory.  Unfortunately, I have a lot of other
software installed there as well, not just Fink.  Where can I find a list of
all the Fink files, so I can remove them individually or is there another way
to do this?

Also, I have the C compiler installed as part of my Xcode 3.2.6 installation,
which works fine.  Why can't the Fink installer find it?

Thanks for any help.

Steve Bernbaum

please send all replies to bernb...@alum.mit.edu