On 9/8/13 9:11 AM, Francis Poulin wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I am doing a standard "finku upate-all" and I'm getting error with imagemagick
> 11 warnings and 8 errors generated.  The version information is at the bottom.
>
> Francis
>

> make[1]: *** [magick/magick_libMagickCore_la-blob.lo] Error 1
> make: *** [all] Error 2
> ### execution of /tmp/fink.qCXee failed, exit code 2
> ### execution of /tmp/fink.hRTVn failed, exit code 2
> Removing runtime build-lock...
> Removing build-lock package...
> /sw/bin/dpkg-lockwait -r fink-buildlock-imagemagick-6.5.8.10-105
> (Reading database ... 61811 files and directories currently installed.)
> Removing fink-buildlock-imagemagick-6.5.8.10-105 ...
> Failed: phase compiling: imagemagick-6.5.8.10-105 failed
>
> Before reporting any errors, please run "fink selfupdate" and try again.
> Also try using "fink configure" to set your maximum build jobs to 1 and
> attempt to build the package again.
> If you continue to have issues, please check to see if the FAQ on Fink's
> website solves the problem.  If not, ask on one (not both, please) of
> these mailing lists:
>
>       The Fink Users List <fink-us...@lists.sourceforge.net>
>       The Fink Beginners List <fink-beginners@lists.sourceforge.net>,
>
> with a carbon copy to the maintainer:
>
>       Todai Fink Team <f...@sodan.ecc.u-tokyo.ac.jp>
>
> Note that this is preferable to emailing just the maintainer directly,
> since most fink package maintainers do not have access to all possible
> hardware and software configurations.
>
> Please try to include the complete error message in your report.  This
> generally consists of a compiler line starting with e.g. "gcc" or "g++"
> followed by the actual error output from the compiler.
>
> Also include the following system information:
> Package manager version: 0.35.1
> Distribution version: selfupdate-rsync Sun Sep  8 11:58:14 2013, 10.8, x86_64
> Trees: local/main stable/main local/injected
> Xcode.app: 4.6.3
> Xcode command-line tools: 4.6.0.0.1.1365549073
> Max. Fink build jobs:  2

That doesn't have any useful information for debugging purposes, because
the error got snipped out completely.  Please try the following:

1)  Use "fink configure" and set your number of build jobs to 1, because
that makes tracing the build process easier.

2)  Post the output starting with a line just before you _start_ seeing
error messages, and then the errors, since normally the _first_ error is
what matters.

--
Alexander Hansen, Ph.D.
Fink User Liaison