Continuing the attempt to install Octave 3.8.2-10.

I seem to have found the right "system-java" from Apple's website, thanks to
the tip from Ben Abbott.

The compile of octave-atlas-qtx11 now fails at the attempt to install
transfig-graphicx 3.2.5d-1014, with inconsistent dependencies. It is suggested
to "fink scanpackages",  "sudo apt-get update", and "sudo apt-get install
transfig-graphicx 3.2.5d-1014", but this returns with "E: Version '3.2.5d-1014'
for 'transig-graphicx' was not found".

If I try to do a "fink install transfig-graphicx ", I get "could not resolve
inconsistent dependencies".

I am running OS 10.10.5, with fink 0.40.0.

Any ideas?  Should I be trying to install a different version of Octave, like
octave-atlas-x11-qtx11, or maybe just octave-atlas, or something else from fink?

By the way, I seem to have xfig installed, which I thought required
transfig-graphicx, so I am puzzled by how it could be working without transfig.