Although it appears from the discussion that this is unlikely to go
anywhere in the near future, I wanted to take one more shot at putting
out something that might actually work on a system other than my iBook
and my kids' G3.  If any of you still have the patience to try it after
yesterday's bomb, FinkCommander v. 0.1.1, again in the form of a Project
Builder file, is now available for download at:

http://homepage.mac.com/sburr/

The changes I made are described in the README file in the Resources
directory.  One of the changes I made was to abandon, at least for the
moment, my ill-conceived effort to avoid hardcoding "/sw" into the
software.  It's hard to tell, but I think this may have been the source
of one of the major bugs reported.  The README describes the very minor
tweaks you will need to make if you have Fink somewhere other than /sw.

Again, any comments, especially success stories, would be welcome.